What am I looking at?
Not torrents of these files, but you will be soon.
THESE ARE THE PASSWORDS!
- Their length is in their title.
- These have had duplicates removed since the initial release.
- I generated files by the number of times each line appeared in my analysis. Files are available for 75, 50, 25, 10, and 5 appearances.
- Top 196 - appeared at least 75 times - these are the MOST common passwords
- Top 3575 - appeared at least 50 times
- Top 95 Thousand - appeared at least 25 times
- Top 32 Million - appeared at least 10 times
- Top 258 Million - appeared at least 5 times
- A file containing passwords that appeared at least twice will be introduced along with torrents
- This folder contains passwords at least 8 characters long, but less than 40 characters.
- This is the format used by routers protected by WPA/2 security
- _Note that until Rev 2.0, "WPA-Length" Wordlists may contain lines of 7 characters
LINK.txt Files (Do not contain WPA-Length)
- Until torrents come out in Rev 1.2 - the large wordlists will be stored here
- Mega.nz Links to compressed formats of the files that were too large to store here
- Mega.nz Links to the whole folder compreessed in various formats
Here are some links now:
- Compressions of Whole Folder
- LZMA Compressions of all lists
- tar.gz Compressoins
- tar.xz Compressions
- The above links do not contain the WPA-Length Folder
Recommended Unarchivers: Windows: 7Zip Mac: Keka Linux: Command Line, p7zip
These are REAL passwords. Every once in a while, a popular site has a high-profile security leak and passwords are released freely across the internet. Some of these passwords can be found on aggregator sites where they are separated from usernames to protect the unfortunate victim.
NOTE THAT UNTIL REV 2.0, ALL NON-ASCII CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED
- A more inclusive, and thus, more accurate list is in the works.
NOTE THAT THE DUE TO THE NEWLINE DUPLICATES ISSUE, 'WPA-Length' LISTS MAY INCLUDE LINES OF 7 CHARACTERS
- This will be fixed in Rev 2.0
Lists sorted by popularity will include "probable" in the filename
Disclaimer and License
- These lists are for LAWFUL, ETHICAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- The files contained in this repository are released "as is" without warranty, support, or guarantee of effectiveness.
- However, I am open to hearing about any issues found within these files and will be actively maintaining this repository for the foreseeable future. If you find anything noteworthy, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
I did not steal, phish, deceive or hack in any way to get hold of these passwords. All lines in these files were obtained through freely available means.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Remix, transform, and build upon the materialfor any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.