Clone this wiki locally
- Removal of dependency upon log4net. Using LibLog developers can easily switch out their own logging framework.
v5.0 is finishing up. Here are the highlights:
- API breaking changes allowed.
- Greatly simplified OAuth 1 consumer API
- Switch to C# 5 Async style methods to increase scalability of high traffic servers.
- Switch all HTTP traffic from DNOA to use HttpClient instead of HttpWebRequest, and use HttpRequestMessage instead of HttpRequestBase as the common element of describing an incoming request.
- Removal of all dependencies on Microsoft Code Contracts.
- More unit testable (by virtue of
HttpClientuse, full programmatic configurability, etc.)
Possible directions for the next release.
- Portable class library, targeting .NET 4.5, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Store apps ( at risk )
- Possible use of MEF for composing extensions, etc.
- Removal of all web.config options in favor of only programmatic configuration. (May be required by target platform not including config section types.)