ReswPlus - Advanced File Code Generator for Resw files.
ReswPlus is a Visual Studio extension enriching your existing .resw files with many highly valuable features:
- Access to strings via strongly typed static properties.
- Automatically generate methods to format your strings
- Support typed and named parameters, literal strings, string references and Macros
- Pluralization support (for 196 languages!).
- Support empty states when the number of items is zero.
- Variants support
- Generate a Markup extension to access to your strings with compile-time verification.
- Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 (all versions).
- C#, VB.Net, C++/CX and C++/WinRT.
|Resw||Resw with ReswPlus||Resx||Android XML (for reference)|
|Modify UI properties via resource files (x:uid)|
|Generate strongly typed accessors|
|Generate String Formatting methods|
|Support Plural forms|
|Support 'None' state|
|Auto-generate methods for string formatting|
|Support literal strings in string formatter|
|Support Macros in string formatter|
|Support String references in string formatter|
|Strongly typed string formatting|
|Support Resources in libraries|
|Support String variants (including genders)|
Strongly Typed class generator
ReswPlus can generate a class exposing all strings from your .resw files as strongly typed static properties, providing a compile-time-safe way to access those strings XAML-side or code-side.
ReswPlus can add support of pluralization and plural forms to your localization strings. Plural forms of 196 languages are currently supported by ReswPlus.
To simplify your ViewModels and Views, ReswPlus can directly manage the formatting of your localization and generate strongly typed methods to format your strings.
ReswPlus can support many variants/versions of the same string and allow you to display the one you want based on criteria (variants to support genders, different messages depend on some criteria...)
.Net String formatting for C++ projects
String formatting in C++ is quite different and more complicated than in C#/VB.Net. ReswPlus provides a way to use the same string templates as you use in .Net (via
String.Format) but in your C++ project, making your resource files shareable with .Net libraries and simplifying your code.