Kingade - Kids in game development
This project was born as an idea to share the university knowledge with its nearby community. Using the technology of Computer Science course, the teaching skills of Pedagogy course and the drawings made by kids of public schools, we could produce educational materials to teach about environment care.
The plan we executed was the folowing:
- Pedagogy students created small workshops focusing on subjects related to environment care, such as saving water, don't waste food, etc. The students were mentored by Pedagogy professors.
- The workshops were applied to kids from public schools. During the workshops the kids watched videos and discussed about the main topic of every workshop.
- In the end of each workshop, the kids were asked to write and draw about it. We told them all the drawings would be used to create a computer game.
- After we transformed all the drawings and some texts from the workshops into game assets. Those assets were delived to Computer Science students that along with Flash platform created a educational game.
- The result of this project was a computer game made by students and kids that can be freely used by anyone to teach about environment care.
Read more at http://kingade.com/