To use this repo, you will:
- Install Jupyter and required modules
- Create a Twitter app to provide programmatic access to Twitter
- Run the Jupyter notebook
- View the png images it downloads to the repo's
Run this command to install Jupyter and required modules:
pip install -r module_list.txt
Create your Twitter app
This repo uses tweepy to interact with Twitter. To use it, you will create a new Twitter app and insert those credentials into
- Log into twitter
- Browse to https://apps.twitter.com/
- Click the
Create New Appbutton and define your new app. Here are some example values:
Get Flashcards - <your name>
Chris Albon ML Flashcard puller
- Callback URLs: `` <= blank
- Check the Developer Agreement and click the
Create your Twitter applicationbutton.
- In the application details page, Select the "Keys and Access Tokens" tab.
- Under "Your Access Token", click the
Create my access tokenbutton.
Insert your credentials
Get Flashcards.ipynb and locate these two lines:
"auth = tweepy.OAuthHandler(consumer_key, consumer_secret) #Fill these in\n", "auth.set_access_token(access_token, access_token_secret) #Fill these in\n",
access_token_secret with single-quoted values from your application settings created in the previous step.
See the tweepy tutorial for more information, if needed.
Run the Jupyter notebook
Run the Jupyter notebook from a shell in the repo root directory
jupyter notebook Get\ Flashcards.ipynb
Jupyter will open a browser page, execute the code, placing all ML flashcards in a
ml-cards local directory.
You can enter
CTRL+C twice to stop jupyter from the command line.
View the cards
All cards are stored in a local