|Travis CI (Linux)|
Castor3D is a 3D engine written in C++ 17. It works on Windows and also on GNU/Linux. It relies on RendererLib as a rendering API, allowing Vulkan, OpenGL 3.X and OpenGL 4.X. It is still a work in progress, feel free to contribute!
- Deferred rendering.
- Normal mapping.
- Parallax Occlusion mapping.
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (using Scalable Ambiant Obscurance implementation).
- Shadow Mapping (allowing to choose between Raw, PCF or Variance Shadow Maps).
- Reflection/Refraction Mapping.
- PBR rendering (Metallic and Specular workflows), and Legacy rendering.
- HDR rendering with various tone mapping operators.
- Screen Space Subsurface Scattering (without backlit transmittance yet).
- Volumetric Light Scattering for directional light source projecting shadows.
- Scene graph.
- Modular architecture through plug-ins.
- Shaders are generated automatically from material and pass configuration.
- Shaders are writable directly from C++ code.
- ASSIMP: Multiple format mesh importer.
- PLY: Stanford Polygon library mesh importer.
- OBJ: Wavefront OBJ mesh importer.
- Loop subdivision surfaces.
- Phong tessellation.
- PN-Triangles surfaces.
- Bloom: HDR Bloom implementation.
- FilmGrain: To display some grain on the render.
- LightStreaks (using Kawase Light Streaks).
- FXAA Antialiasing.
- SMAA Antialiasing (1X and T2X so far).
- Linear Motion Blur.
- DiamondSquareTerrain: to generate terrains inside Castor3D scenes, using diamond-quare algorithm.
- CastorGUI: to build GUIs inside Castor3D scenes.
- LinearToneMapping: Default tone mapping.
- HaarmPieterDuikerToneMapping: Haarm Pieter Duiker tone mapping.
- HejlBurgessDawsonToneMapping: Hejl Burgess Dawson tone mapping.
- ReinhardToneMapping: Reinhard tone mapping.
- Uncharted2ToneMapping: Uncharted 2 tone mapping.
- CastorViewer: A scene viewer based on Castor3D.
- CastorMeshConverter: A converter from various mesh files to Castor3D mesh format.
- CastorMeshUpgrader: Upgrades from earlier versions of Castor3D mesh format to the latest one.
- ImgConverter: Allows you to convert any image file type to XPM or ICO.
I need a feature that Castor3D do not implement, what should I do ? There are two ways. First, Castor3D is a free software and library, so you are welcome to improve it yourself ;-) ! Second, just ask the author :-) !
I implemented a cool feature, can I commit it ? Obviously you are welcome to send the author any improvement. But obviously the author is quite careful with readability, correctness and stability, and will read and check any contribution before including it. Thus, it can take time... There are few basic rules to write contributions:
Do never change the indentation of any part of the code that's not yours.
Do never send codes without a lot of comments in (bad or good) English.
Do never send codes with obscure and/or non-English variable names.
How can I ask the author ? Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org !