Kickstart is my opinionated starter kit for frontend development.
- build process using Grunt
- CSS optimizations using PostCSS
- latest jQuery and PEP
- some inspirations from HTML5 Boilerplate
- minimalistic Normalize for good default styling
- some optimized PHP includes
- basic search engine optimization
npm install && grunt install
Installs NPM dependencies listed in
package.json and runs Grunt’s
installation task afterwards.
The default Grunt task using
grunt lints and builds CSS/JS files from their
sources. CSS files are linted using Stylelint and transformed using PostCSS
while JS files are linted using ESLint on their AMD-based source files which get
compiled using r.js.
Watch and live-reload stuff
To automatically run the Grunt default task and refresh the browser after changing a file, start the watch task:
You need a LiveReload browser extension for live reloading the page, of course.
MIT © Marc Görtz