This is a modified firmware for the retail Picade arduino board. The original firmware was not able to work with recalbox because the board acts like a keyboard and recalbox only supports joysticks in games. It is preconfigured to work with recalbox.
- Board can act like a joystick or a keyboard
- One single configuration file (config.h)
- Modular code design
License: Copyright (c) 2015 by DsChAeK
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
I used and modified code from some hard workers:
https://github.com/pimoroni/Picade-Sketch -> basic sketch code
http://www.imaginaryindustries.com/blog/?p=80 -> code for usb game controller recognition
http://www.zerker.ca/zzone/ -> code to let the board finally act like a SNES controller
- Download Arduino IDE v1.6.5 for Windows (Only this version works!) from here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous3
- Download latest firmware sources as zip: https://github.com/DsChAeK/Picade/releases
- Extract it anywhere in a directory named "Picade"
- Replace the files in your arduino installation directory "../Arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" with those from your extracted "../Picade/USB_HID/" subdirectory (backup recommended!)
- Plugin the USB Cable from Arduino Board into your PC, wait a few seconds to let it initialize.
- Open /Picade/Picade.ino with Arduino IDE.
- Go into "File -> Preferences" and select both checkboxes at "Show verbose output during:"
- Select "Tools -> Board -> Arduino Leonardo"
- Select "Programmer -> AVRISP mkll"
- Select "Tools -> Port -> COMx (Arduino Leonardo)"
- Select "Sketch -> Verify/Compile", it should end without errors. (-> like "Sketch uses 7,728 bytes of program...")
- Select "Sketch -> Upload", it should also end without errors. (-> like "avrdude done. Thank you")
- If you want the original firmware back again use https://github.com/pimoroni/Picade-Sketch/releases
- Use front buttons for input
- Use volume buttons for input (optional)
- Fixed volume zero bug
- Changed joystick debounce to fix slow volume reaction
- Modularized project files (keyboard/joystick/volume)
- Only two main functions in each module (Init/Check)
- Added configurable startup volume
- Added joystick support for Recalbox
- Added config.h for all user settings