A survey application for Android with a rails backend. The Android app syncs instruments and survey results automatically when internet is detected on the Android device. This application is being designed for conducting research-oriented surveys. This application is being developed at Duke University in a joint effort between adaptlab and CHPIR.
- Model Summary
- Design Overview
- Application Initialization
- Requiring Encryption
- Adding a Question Type
- Syncing with a Remote Table
- Checking for Network Errors
- Adding a Language
- Admin Settings
- Translation Models
- Following Up Questions
- Response Validations
- Seeding the Database
- Unit Tests
- Continuous Integration
- Launching a Survey from Another Application
- API Keys and Admin Password
- Creating Another App
- Obtaining a list of Instruments with their IDs
- Passing Metadata When Launching a Survey From Another App
- Requiring Login to Begin a Survey
ActiveAndroid is used for database access.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
If you are interested in contributing, please read through the wiki first. New question types are especially welcome! See this wiki page for instructions.
If you are creating another app using this as a base project, be sure to rename the package.