The Dynatrace Eclipse Integration Plugin enables you to:
- launch applications with an injected Dynatrace AppMon Agent directly from Eclipse IDE
- retrieve & display the key architectural metrics (such as number of SQL queries, external API calls, exceptions and log messages) from your tests
- perform lookups of source code files and methods from applications under diagnosis in Dynatrace AppMon
Table of Contents
- Using the Eclipse Integration Plugin
- Problems? Questions? Suggestions?
- Additional Resources
- Dynatrace Application Monitoring Version: 6.3, 6.5, 7.0
- Eclipse Version: Juno, Kepler, Luna, Mars, Neon
Use Eclipse marketplace
Download from github
- Download the latest plugin .zip archive
- in Eclipse, click on "Help" / "Install New Software..."
- Add.., Archive...
- select the downloaded archive
The global settings for the plugin are located under Window / Preferences
Using the Eclipse Integration Plugin
The launcher will run applications with an injected Dynatrace Agent using the agent name and additional parameters defined in the run configuration:
The launcher supports the following launch mode:
- Java application
- JUnit test
- Equinox OSGi application
- Eclipse workbench application
The agent will output debug information into the console:
When launching JUnit tests with the Dynatrace launcher, the plug-in will automatically register a test run to the Dynatrace Server. The results and key architectural metrics are automatically retrieved and displayed in the Test Result tab.
The test results are also visible in the Dynatrace Client for further drill-down to the PurePath level.
Source Code Lookup
The Dynatrace Client enables you to analyze PurePaths down to the individual methods that have been instrumented in the context of the captured transaction. When you identify a problematic method either in the PurePath view or in the Methods view of the Dynatrace Client, you can use the Source Code Lookup to jump to the source code line if you have the Eclipse project open.
Problems? Questions? Suggestions?
- Eclipse Integration Plugin FAQ / Troubleshooting Guide
- Post any problems, questions or suggestions to the Dynatrace Community's Application Monitoring & UEM Forum.
Dynatrace AppMon Documentation
- Continuous Delivery & Test Automation
- Capture Performance Data from Tests
- Integrate Dynatrace in Continous Integration Builds
- Online Perf Clinic - Eclipse and Jenkins Integration
- Online Perf Clinic - Metrics-Driven Continuous Delivery with Dynatrace Test Automation
- Continuous Performance Validation in Continuous Integration Environments
- Software Quality Metrics for your Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Part I
- Software Quality Metrics for your Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Part II: Database
- Software Quality Metrics for your Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Part III – Logging