Visual alert/status display for builds, CI, continuous delivery, operations, and more
- Easy to print, build and
- Fosters collaboration when placing in areas like office cafeteria, ...
- Open source hard- and software
- REST api, control 34 RGB LEDs
- Integrates with CI/CD/Monitoring (e.g. Jenkins, Nagios, Cloud-Watch, Dynatrace, ...)
- Easy to modify, Arduino compatible ESP8266 microcontroller
- Story The original UFO was created by Helmut, Dynatrace Chief Software Architect. Read his story.
- QuickStart Quick guide to configuring the UFO
- How to Step-by-step instructions for building your own UFO
- Parts list (folder must use this name for Arduino IDE to automatically upload to ESP8266)
- 3D printing folder contains all CAD files plus derivative 3D print files
- UFO.ino is the Arduino IDE main program: requires Arduino IDE 1.6.7+ plus additional modules. see ufo.ino source file for more details about requirements
- Data folder contains all files that will be loaded into the ESP8266 flash memory SPIFF drive to contain website data
- Node.js test server contains source files to simulate the ESP8266 webserver for testing purposes; requires Node.js server + static-server module
Example use case at Dynatrace Ruxit
The UFO visualizes the actual continuous delivery pipeline, from developers commit to the build system, all the way to deployments into staging systems. The UFO visualizes two pipeline stages, and for each it uses different color/animation coding to represent states and severity. Of course you can assign your own meanings to the visualization and even customize the UFO and APIs to your needs.