Structured health data capture is pivotal to the success of any health information system. However, there is no widely accepted standard for the content and presentation of healthcare eForms. FHIRForm is a framework for managing healthcare forms leveraging the HL7 FHIR standard (specifically the Questionnaire resource). FHIRForm framework has several submodules that are separate repositories.
- Server. A spring boot adaptation of UHN's HAPI FHIR server with modifications for effective Questionnaire and response handling
- Editor. A FHIR resource editor served by the same server instance. The Editor is a modification of FRED, a project of SMART Health IT, a joint effort of the not-for-profit institutions, Boston Children’s Hospital Computational Health Informatics Program and the Harvard Medical School Department for Biomedical Informatics.
- Viewer A rendering agent for FHIR Questionnaire using React and Redux that can submit a QuestionnaireResponse.
- fhirformjs An npm module for converting Questionnaire items to JSON schema for rendering.
- fhirform-ohdsi Experimental aplication that integrates fhirform with OMOP CDM
Pre-build docker container is available for testing and can be deployed using the following command. Access it at http://localhost/fhir (Docker container is for testing only.)
docker run -d --name fhirform -p 80:8080 beapen/fhirform:240818
How to build:
STEP 1: Clone this meta-repository
git clone https://github.com/E-Health/fhirform.git git submodule update --init --recursive
STEP 2: Build and install Editor:
cd fhirform\editor mvn clean install
STEP 3: Build and install Viewer (optional)
cd viewer npm install npm build
- from the static folder inside build folder, copy the file starting with main-xxxx.js to the js folder under server/resources as main.js
STEP 4: Run the server
- from the main project folder
How to cite
- To be presented @ITCH-2019 (UVic).