There are discrete pieces of health information that, if stored on-chain may have a huge impact on operational efficiency, availability and patient safety. Vaccination and allergy information are typical examples. vac-chain is a prototype of an on-chain storage of vaccination information on Ethereum blockchain using smart contracts in solidity using the truffle Drizzle box (React/Redux). This may be extended for similar use cases in medicine.
- check out this repo and npm install in the main folder
- npm run ganache
- Open a second terminal and
truffle compile truffle migrate
- switch to app folder cd app
- npm install
- npm start
- Access application at localhost:3000
- Provider adds a record
- Patient confirms
- Clients can verify - if code matches hcn, returns name as status
- Please note that, for the status to work, all three roles should have different active accounts. So run ganache on a different machine and add the IP to drizzleOptions.js and truffle-config.js. Finally, run the /app on three different systems for each role.
Bell Eapen (McMaster U) | Homepage