Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
10.1.0 Released on 14th June 2018 for ED 3.0.X
See Release Notes
- DLL Integration
- History Limit Loading
- Lots of other goodies - see the release notes.
Voice pack V8 is for this version - please update!
Also see Previous Releases for past history of EDDiscovery.
EDDiscovery - What is it?
You play Elite Dangerous and have heard of EDDiscovery - and ended up here. So what is it?
In short it's a 3rd party tool that can track your Elite Dangerous travels, combat, trading, rank etc. Before Elite Dangerous 2.2 it could only track travel, now with 2.2+, EDDiscovery tracks much more! It can now log other data such as rank, commodities, materials, scans and all host of other data.
EDD works on the PC. Unfortunately Frontier does not or cannot support the API required on XBOX or PS4 to output journal entries to the PC for us to use. MAC support was withdrawn due to lack of users.
EDDiscovery gives you the following major features:
- Shows your ED History
- Shows your current Materials State, Commodity State, Mission Lists and many other panels exist to provide other information
- Plan your Expeditions
- Plan your Exploration
- Has a 3D map of the galaxy showing travel history and data from EDSM and EDDB to aid your journey through the Elite Dangerous galaxy.
- 2D map
EDDiscovery supports add-ons, which give you the ability to:
- Vocalise Elite Events as they are received
- Control EDD using your voice using the Free Voice Control pack
- Keyboard shortcuts to control EDD
- Read and vocalise joystick inputs
- Place information on OBS
- Play MP3s when an event occurs, plus others.
- Integrate with 3rd party DLLs
EDDiscovery integrates with our partner Elite 3rd party developer tools:
Here's an example of the history page using the ED Theme Elite Verdana, EDDiscovery supports themeing the user interface to your specification.
(slightly out of date)
The main user interface of ED consists of (from top):
Menu Options for some quick access functions and to run housekeeping functions which seldom need executing.
- Commander: use to select which commander to display information about, or Hidden for entries you have hidden.
- Refresh: causes EDDiscovery to recheck the journal files
- 2D Maps, 3D Map: open maps
- EDSM Sync: if you've configured EDSM sync in Settings then this causes EDDiscovery to check for EDSM information and up and download it
- Panel Selection Icon/List : Pop out a panel to another window
- Manage Add-Ons : install new add-ons
- Edit Add-Ons : edit or disable add-ons.
The toolbar can be instructed to roll up or stay expanded. When the mouse hovers over the toolbar, a pin on the far right (not shown) will show and you can either pin or unpin the toolbar.
Panels are the basic UI building block of EDDiscovery. There are many (>25) panels, each one dedicated to a specific task or information display. Panels can be displayed in a tab, as part of the History Tab or popped out in a stand alone window (see the toolbar). A Grid or Splitter panel can contain other panels to allow you to set up a configurable set of panels.
A set of tab pages are shown below the toolbar. You can add or remove tabs (containing a panel) to the program by right clicking on the menu toolbar and selecting or removing a tab. You can rename tabs. The only mandatory tab is the History Tab as the program must have at least one History Grid present to work.
The tab you were on is remembered after exiting the program and selected next time you run. You can have multiple versions of the same panel present on the tab line.
If you have removed the Settings by accident or just want it back, you can either right click the menu bar to add it back on, or using the Tools | Settings option.
Configuration Options exist to control how EDDiscovery starts and where data is stored.
You can learn how EDDiscovery works with Elite Dangerous here.
See the sidebar to the right for other topics.
Some images are screenshots from Elite: Dangerous © 2012-2017 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.