Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release notes 16.1
What's new in EGroupware 16.1
It contains many improvements AND lot's of bugfixes over the 14.3 release. To name a few:
- Calendar: complete rewrite of user interface for improved functionality, drag&drop, context menu
- Mobile: new mobile phone and tablet user interface offering compact display on devices
- Desktop: new brighter desktop template, lots of work on usability and look & feel
- Mail/InfoLog: PGP end-to-end encryption using Mailvelope plugin (InfoLog EPL only)
- eSync: update to Z-Push 2.3 fixing several Android problems and syncs Outlook 2013/6
- PHP 5.4 required, PHP 7.0 or 5.6 recommended
- MariaDB 5.1+ incl. Galera Cluster, 10.1 recommended or
- MySQL 5.1+, 5.7 recommended or
- PostgreSQL 9.1+
- Community version English, Deutsch/German, EPL Version English, Deutsch/German
- Open Build Service repository via package management of your Linux distribution is our prefered installation method, because of easy of permanent updates
- Installation with Git & myrepos via Github
- Archives not recommended, because difficult to update!
- for RHEL and CentOS 6 or 7 we recommend PHP 7.0 from IUS Community repo, which need to be installed before EGroupware
- EGroupware GmbH offers special prices assisting you with the update, Deutsch
Please note / Errata
- When updating from previous version eSync (Active Sync) profiles have to be deleted on device and recreated (CalDAV/CardDAV is NOT affected)!
- To speed up PHP you should install an opcode cache like OpCache (or APC for PHP 5.4)
- EGroupware relies heavily on caching: it does this by default in filesystem, to improve speed you should install APC or APCu PHP extension with at least 128MB memory (apc.shm_size * apc.shm_segments >= 128MB)
- Updating openSUSE or SLES using "zypper update egroupware-epl" fails to install egroupware-epl-compat package automatic. Either use "zypper update" to update everything, or "zypper install egroupware-epl-compat" to add package manually.
- New installs no longer contain the following (deprecated) modules by default, thought you can still install them separately via your package manager (or all together via egroupware-epl-compat archive). In-place-updates update them as expected.
- SambaAdmin (Samba 3 LDAP integration, use ActiveDirectory for Samba4)
- phpFreeChat (not available with PHP 7.0+)
- jDots (aka Stylite) template (11.1 default template with iDots look and tabs)
- old eTemplate 1 app and phpgwapi (new eTemplate2 and current API are in api directory / egroupware-epl-core package)
- Printing in Calendar with Firefox under Windows does not work due to a bug in Firefox. Currently only workaround is either not using Firefox or Windows.
- Groups app for long time community users is available in a 16.1 compatible version through the same repo.
- Updating an existing installation, you want to generate a new header.inc.php via Setup / Headeradmin (lower login), specially if you plan to remove all old apps requiring egroupware-epl-compat package.
- For updates from versions before 14.3 also refer to release notes of version 14.2
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.