ELENA Programming Language
ELENA is a general-purpose, object-oriented language with late binding. It features message dispatching, mixins and a script engine. This is the GitHub repository of ELENA source code including compiler, IDE, ELENA libraries and samples.
- Wiki: https://github.com/ELENA-LANG/elena-lang/wiki/
- ELENA reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/elena_lang/
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/ELENA-LANG/elena-lang
- Source code: https://github.com/ELENA-LANG/elena-lang
- Git clone URL: git://github.com/ELENA-LANG/elena-lang.git
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/elena_language
- Rosetta code: http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Elena
- Homepage: http://elenalang.sourceforge.net/
- Blog: http://elenalang.blogspot.com/
- Binaries mirror: https://sourceforge.net/projects/elenalang/files/
Currently Supported Platforms
For time being only x86 (32-bit) architecture is supported. Work on x86/64 (64-bit) goes on.
Source Download and Compilation
To acquire the source code clone the git repository:
git clone git://github.com//ELENA-LANG/elena-lang.git
The compiler code is implemented in C++ and does not require external dependencies. You just need Visual Studio 2015 or 2017.
You have to add a path to BIN folder to the system environment PATH or copy elenavm.dll and elenart.dll to Windows\System32 folder.
To build the compiler under VS2015 you have to go to the root folder and type:
If you use VS2017 type the following:
To build the ELENA libraries type the following command:
ELENA Project looks for programmers interested in learning the language and providing feedback.
1. Bugs, questions, suggestions?
If you've noticed a bug or have a question go ahead and make one!
2. Implement "up for grab" issues
Good first issue is good starting point for a first-time contributors.
3. Rosetta code
You may try to implement some of Rosetta code tasks which are not yet implemented
Source Code Organization
The ELENA source code is organized as follows:
bin binaries and shared libraries bin\scripts scripts used by the script engine and VM console bin\templates ELENA project templates asm source for core routines implemented in assembly dat\sg language grammar file dat\og language optimization rules doc some documentations elenasrc2\elc source for the compiler elenasrc2\elenart source for the run-time shared library elenasrc2\elenasm source for the script engine elenasrc2\elenavm source for the virtual machine elenasrc2\gui source for IDE elenasrc2\tools source for ELENA utilities examples ELENA examples src33 source for ELENA libraries
The compiler and executables distributed in this package fall under MIT License, for more information read the file LICENSE.
Feel free to ask any question : email@example.com.