Natural selection launcher and updater. Allows for quick update of the natural selection folder.
TO BUILD FROM SOURCES
- If you are building from sources, I imagine you don't want the .exe file to permanantly check for online consistency (public key required) nor self update.
- In order to do so, simply go in SelfUpdater.cs and set the variable "isSelfUpdating" to false.
- You are basicaly good to go !
CHANGE THE ONLINE FILES THE LAUNCHER REFERS TO
- If you want you own files online, simply change, in the configuration setting of the natural launcher projet in VS, the IndexURL to your custom URL
- as well as the GameUrl to the game URL (sounds logical enough ?)
TO COMMIT A NEW NS VERSION / PATCH
FROM THE LAUNCHER:
- Launch the launcher (tricky sentence)
- Verify it has the right half life folder target
- Right click in the launcher
- Build Manifest
FROM THE MANIFESTBUILDER.EXE
- Place the manifestbuilder.exe app in the correct folder
- Execute it
- Really do it
- Upload files in the "Game" Folder of the ftp
- Upload the manifest in the root folder.
- Update the app.version with the new number in root folder