EOSIO Enchancement Proposals (EEPs) describe standards for the EOSIO platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards.
- Review EEP-1.
- Fork the repository by clicking "Fork" in the top right.
- Add your EEP to your fork of the repository. Please follow the format described in EEP-1 under the 'What belongs in a successful EEP?' section.
- Submit a Pull Request to the EOSIO EEPs repository.
Your first PR should be a first draft of the final EEP. It must meet the formatting criteria enforced by the build (largely, correct metadata in the header). An editor will manually review the first PR for a new EEP and assign it a number before merging it. Make sure you include a
discussions-to header with the URL to a discussion forum or open GitHub issue where people can discuss the EEP as a whole.
If your EEP requires images, the image files should be included in a subdirectory of the
assets folder for that EEP as follow:
assets/eep-X (for eep X). When linking to an image in the EEP, use relative links such as
Once your first PR is merged, we have a bot that helps out by automatically merging PRs to draft EEPs. For this to work, it has to be able to tell that you own the draft being edited. Make sure that the 'author' line of your EEP contains either your GitHub username or your email address within triangle brackets (ex: < email@example.com >). If you use your email address, that address must be the one publicly shown on your GitHub profile.
When you believe your EEP is mature and ready to progress past the draft phase, you should open a PR changing the state of your EEP to 'Submitted'. An editor will review your submission, mark it 'Ready for Review', and set an ad-hoc meeting to discuss the proposal. The discussions will determine how the proposal will flow through the EEPs lifecycle.
EEP Status Terms
- Draft - the EEP is currently a work in progress and has not yet been submitted
- Submitted - the final draft of the EEP has been subitted by the EEP author
- Ready for Review - the EEP has been reviewed by an EEP editor and has been added to the agenda for the next EEP review meeting
- Accepted - the EEP was analyzed and discussed by the EEP reviewers and has sufficient support for implementation
- Under Development - the EEP is currently under developmnet
- Pending PR Review -the EEP implementation is currently being reviewed for final acceptance
- Final - the EEP has been successfully implemented and is now active
- Deferred - the EEP has been shelved for future consideration
- Living - this is similar to Final, but denotes an EEP which requires regular updates for accuracy (good for token/wallet standards)
- Archived - the EEP is no longer under consideration (withdrawn by author, not enough support for the proposal, etc.)
If you are interested in discussing proposal ideas, providing feedback on existing proposals or the EEPs process, or want to get more involved, join the EEPs Telegram group. [EOSIO Enhancement Proposals Telegram]