Introduction to Spark for Data Scientists
Course materials for the PRACE course "Introduction to Spark for Data Scientists".
- Refer to Get_Started_Notebooks_Cirrus.pdf to set up your environment on Cirrus and get started by running a Jupyter notebook.
- Refer to Get_Started_local.md to set up a Apache Spark on your laptop.
- Spark_Applications contains a simple example of a standalone Spark application and shows how to submit it on Cirrus.
- lab_exercises are the exercises that you are going to complete in the practical sessions.
- walkthrough_examples contains a set of Jupyter notebooks with PySpark examples that you can walk through in your own time.
- The lectures are included in presentations for reference.
© The University of Edinburgh 2019