EQEmulator Core Server
|Travis CI (Linux)||Appveyor w/ Bots (Windows)||Appveyor w/o Bots (Windows)|
EQEmulator is a custom completely from-scratch open source server implementation for EverQuest built mostly on C++
- MySQL/MariaDB is used as the database engine (over 200+ tables)
- Perl and LUA are both supported scripting languages for NPC/Player/Quest oriented events
- Open source database (Project EQ) has content up to expansion OoW (included in server installs)
- Game server environments and databases can be heavily customized to create all new experiences
- Hundreds of Quests/events created and maintained by Project EQ
- You can use curl or wget to kick off the installer (whichever your OS has)
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EQEmu/Server/master/utils/scripts/linux_installer/install.sh install.sh && chmod 755 install.sh && ./install.sh
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EQEmu/Server/master/utils/scripts/linux_installer/install.sh -O install.sh && chmod 755 install.sh && ./install.sh
|Titanium Edition||Secrets of Faydwer||Seeds of Destruction||Underfoot||Rain of Fear|
- Please use the issue tracker provided by GitHub to send us bug reports or feature requests.
- The EQEmu Forums are also a place to submit and get help with bugs.
- The preferred way to contribute is to fork the repo and submit a pull request on
GitHub. If you need help with your changes, you can always post on the forums or
try Discord. You can also post unified diffs (
git diffshould do the trick) on the Server Code Submissions forum, although pull requests will be much quicker and easier on all parties.
- Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/QHsm7CD
- User Discord Channel:
- Developer Discord Channel:
- ProjectEQ Quests
- Installer Resources
- Zone Utilities - Various utilities and libraries for parsing, rendering and manipulating EQ Zone files.
Other License Info
- The server code and utilities are released under GPLv3
- We also include some small libraries for convienence that may be under different licensing
- SocketLib - GPL LibXML
- zlib - zlib license
- MariaDB/MySQL - GPL
- GPL Perl - GPL / ActiveState (under the assumption that this is a free project)
- CPPUnit - GLP StringUtilities - Apache
- LUA - MIT