Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to EQEmu/Server - an EverQuest Server implementation that has been created from-scratch by many contributors since the early 2000's
This project is massive, and many people passionate about EverQuest have contributed to this project to keep it alive
Get started by using the sidebar on the right!
EQEmulator Core Server
|Travis CI (Linux)||Appveyor w/ Bots (Windows)||Appveyor w/o Bots (Windows)|
EQEmulator is a custom completely from-scratch open source server implementation for EverQuest built mostly on C++
- MySQL/MariaDB is used as the database engine (over 200+ tables)
- Perl and LUA are both supported scripting languages for NPC/Player/Quest oriented events
- Open source database (Project EQ) has content up to expansion OoW (included in server installs)
- Game server environments and databases can be heavily customized to create all new experiences
- Hundreds of Quests/events created and maintained by Project EQ
|Titanium Edition||Secrets of Faydwer||Seeds of Destruction||Underfoot||Rain of Fear|
- Please use the issue tracker provided by GitHub to send us bug reports or feature requests.
- The EQEmu Forums are also a place to submit and get help with bugs.
- The preferred way to contribute is to fork the repo and submit a pull request on
GitHub. If you need help with your changes, you can always post on the forums or
try Discord. You can also post unified diffs (
git diffshould do the trick) on the Server Code Submissions forum, although pull requests will be much quicker and easier on all parties.
- Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/QHsm7CD
User Discord Channel:
Developer Discord Channel:
- ProjectEQ Quests
- Installer Resources
- Zone Utilities - Various utilities and libraries for parsing, rendering and manipulating EQ Zone files.
Other License Info
- The server code and utilities are released under GPLv3
- We also include some small libraries for convienence that may be under different licensing
- SocketLib - GPL LibXML
- zlib - zlib license
- MariaDB/MySQL - GPL
- GPL Perl - GPL / ActiveState (under the assumption that this is a free project)
- CPPUnit - GLP StringUtilities - Apache
- LUA - MIT