Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
ESGF Release Notes
ESGF 2.5.17 - Released - Oct 20 2017
ESGF 2.5.13 - Released - Aug 24 2017
Manifest coming soon!
ESGF 2.4.24 - Released - Jan 20 2017
ESGF 2.3.8 - Released - May 25 2016
ESGF 2.2.3 - Released - Feb 15 2016
ESGF 2.2 - Released - Dec 15 2015
Here are the release notes and manifests, for versions 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. https://github.com/ESGF/esgf-installer/files/63424/ESGF-2.2-relnotes.pdf
ESGF 1.8.1 - Released - March 11 2015
esg-search (wget script)
- included new -T flag to explicitly make it use TLSv1 when communicating with ORP. This is required for earlier versions of wget ( <= 1.12 ) when communicating with sites which only support TLSv1.
- Added workaround for wget 1.11.4 as it fails to execute final redirect back to data url following sign in with -H. This fix is compatible with later versions of wget.
- Added support for additional environment variable ESGF_WGET_OPTS. This can be used in the conjunction with -H to globally add additional wget options. For expert use only!
- uvcdat alternative cloning protocol changed from http to https
- Ferret and LAS archives will be downloaded from ESGF dist mirrors instead of FTP @NOAA
- Version check in new installation controller
- keystore.alias can be specified in esgf.properties (Fixes https://github.com/ESGF/esgf-installer/issues/32)
ESGF 1.8 - Released - February 27 2015
- Installation of git and curl using a RPM
- Implementation of new component installation script standard arguments
- Global variables move from esg-node to esg-init
- Global functions move from esg-node to esg-functions
- New LAS installer
- New CoG installer
esg-security, esg-orp, esgf-idp
- OpenID selector
- esgscan_directory reports an error when failure to scan
- "--nodbwrite" option for esgpublish enables a "dry run" to read file headers
- Additional utility scripts: metasynchro.py, gen_versions.py, add_checksums_to_map.sh (see README)
- LAS 8.3
- CoG implementation running on port 8000
ESGF 1.7.2 - Released - September 15 2014
- Add targeted search query substitution for pam_pgsql.conf to prevent unauthorized credential retrievals. The regex in esg-globus and the file template (etc_pam_pgsql.conf) on the dist servers were modified.
- issues fixed: 47,48,49,50
- Unnecessary clobbering of .MyProxyLogon file is now avoided
- Fixes problem with missing authorization for publishing operations.
- Better handling of HTTP connections.
- IP ranges authentication feature
- Closing idle connections
ESGF 1.7.1 - Released July 10th 2014
- New static files master storage system at IPSL and BADC Installer now fetches the distrib binaries from distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/esgf/ (master) or dist.ceda.ac.uk/esgf (mirror)
- Improving the ability to read static meta data from property files.
- Inserting new PublishingServiceClient.
- Working on HDF parsing.
- Adding "dataSize" attribute parsed from files.
- Avoiding double entries for 'size'.
- Allowing for more then one 'experiment_family' value.
- Adding data.meteo.unican.es to the list of nodes
ESGF 1.7.0 - Released May 7th 2014
- Tomcat pwd set to /esg/config/.esgf_pass if file exists
- Ferret FTP urls updated
- Complete lmxl setup during esgcet setup itself
- Tomcat default webapps are useless and now well deleted after installation
- Installer scripts will be fetched from github
- MountedPathResolver sort fix. ESGF could not mount several thredds_dataset_roots
- Data sets published without tracking id or checksum can now be displayed
- White spaces in user registration allowed
- .-_ in user registration fields allowed
- All wiki links updated
- access types (WGET, Globus Online) are now well displayed on data cart when using "Add All Displayed to Datacart"
- Fixing bug in wget controller that prevents downloads when more than one endpoint is availbale
- Exorcise wget template of rainbow
- New features
- This is a new repository hosting ESGF artifacts used at build time
- New Features
- New ant targets for ESGF build and artifacts publication processes