This repository provides guidance for repository operators and others to follow consistent conventions to provide schema.org markup in Dataset landing pages to improve data discovery through search engines. The main guides help describe Datasets and Data Repositories.
|Dataset||guidelines for schema.org for a scientific Dataset|
|Data Repository||guidelines for schema.org for a research data repository|
- Getting Started - explains some useful techniques that will be common across all schema.org types
- Experimental - some suggestions for more advanced dataset documentation, proposed for inclusion in future SOSO guidelines.
Science on Schema.org (SOSO) releases are archived on Zenodo, and the current release should be cited as:
Adam Shepherd, Matthew B. Jones, Stephen Richard, Nicholas Jarboe, Dave Vieglais, Douglas Fils, Ruth Duerr, Chantelle Verhey, Melinda Minch, Bryce Mecum, Nokome Bentley. (2022). Science-on-Schema.org v1.3.1. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7872383
This guidance has been created by members of the ESIP science-on-schema.org cluster. The cluster will be seeking endorsement across all members of ESIP, and in the meantime is releasing a series of progressively more mature guidance documents for the community. Your feedback and contributions are welcome. The cluster meets twice monthly, and all are welcome:
- 4th Thursday, 2:30pm ET
- Where: Telecons via Zoom
- Connection: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84043422486?pwd=bGM4YkFyMkFGSW1FZG5yaFRNaGNvdz09
- Phone Access: United States: +1 (786) 535-3211
- Dial by your location (Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcKljXMoF0)
- Living Agenda
- ESIP and this group
- This guide is a continuation of the P418 NSF EarthCube vocabulary guidance which ended in April 2018.
- Broader Community
Copyright  [Adam Shepherd, Matthew B. Jones, Stephen Richard, Nicholas Jarboe, Dave Vieglais, Douglas Fils, Ruth Duerr, Chantelle Verhey, Melinda Minch, Bryce Mecum, Nokome Bentley]
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.