This is example of how to build a golang webserver with another layer of template engine in Python for amazing performance at server and client side!!!
This repo should better be treated as a starter-boilerplate more then example
This is example for complete Bootstrap skeleton website using Cheeath OR Jinja2 template engine as the First Template engine layer and Golang as the webserver/second template engine layer. This is the way web applications should be built! with two templates engines!!
Read more about the idea of this example and what I call first-layer/second-layer template engine
- Read this post: Why I use Two Templates Engine in one web application.
- Based on 2TE repo. Read more at 2TE repo about the 2-Template-Engine example project.
What different from 2TE
- I've made it more complex and arranged the folders and files as I like (and not pure simple).
- Added few bash script files for fast compiling of the app and watch (reload code)
- I've made this example with Cheetah & Jinja2 templates engine as well. read more at templates/render.sh. .tmpl files are for cheetah, .html files are for jinja2.
- I've disabled cache in the golang side with comment on how to activate it again.
Deploy is fun: 2 files only! 'main' and 'index.min.html'. buildndeploy.sh could be easily built to build and deploy to your server. Personaly, I am running golang servers using Supervisor but there are lot of other options.