NumPy is the fundamental package needed for scientific computing with Python.
- Website (including documentation): https://www.numpy.org
- Mailing list: https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
- Source: https://github.com/numpy/numpy
- Bug reports: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues
- a powerful N-dimensional array object
- sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
- tools for integrating C/C++ and Fortran code
- useful linear algebra, Fourier transform, and random number capabilities
nose is installed, tests can be run after installation with:
python -c 'import numpy; numpy.test()'