As a public service, we provide some tools for transforming and extending EVE Online's CREST API. This project is an exercise in Flask and REST design/deployment.
All services in this collection run without DB connections. tinyDB is used as a cache layer, but the service is designed to be easy to deploy anywhere without extra dependencies. Build & install is designed/tested on Ubuntu16 systems.
As of writing this (2017-03-10), CCP is working to replace CREST/XML API's with ESI. We will review replacing the CREST request structure with an ESI one, but worry about ESI/oAuth scoping for a reasonably simple app.
|Path||/CREST/OHLC.<return_format> (csv, json)|
- RTT is not excellent. Validates against CREST for
- Does have cache layer, but new ID`s will take ~3-5s to resolve
- Request throughput is poor. Total traffic capacity is single-thread
- OHLC calc is a hack. Uses "today" as
closeand transposes "yesterday's" price as
- API feature not used. Internal API keying to filter users
|Path||/CREST/prophet.<return_format> (csv, json)|
Prophet endpoint uses Prophet forecasting library to predict future price fluctuations. Combining Prosper's archive of EVE's market history endpoint we generate a best-guess for future prices. Currently powering charting at EVE Mogul
More info on forecasts can be found on our blog
- Endpoint cached: will only render forecast once-per-day for a type/region pair.
- API key required. Contact to get API key
- Please be courteous: heavy throughput and multi-threading are not supported
- VERY NAIVE FORECASTING. This is a science experiment, not a fool-proof forecast of future events
- Does not understand CCP dev cycle. Will approximate cycles with changepoint prediction but only uses requested item to guess cycles
- PROVIDED WITHOUT WARANTY. Seriously, don't trade what you can't afford to lose, this thing is just a cartoon, don't go all Russian on my house