EVNotify requires Android 4.1 or greater. Android 5 or greater is recommended. EVNotify is now also available for iOS, but currently, Bluetooth communication is not working yet. It's in development for iOS devices.
You will need a Bluetooth-capable OBD2-Dongle. WiFi-Dongle will not work! EVNotify works with ELM327-Dongles. Not all dongles may be compatible with commands for EVNotify. There is, unfortunately, no guarantee. Here is a list, which will be expanded, with dongles, which are declared as compatible. Unfortunately, even the listed dongles, can be incompatible due to different manufactures. I'm not responsible for non-working, incompatible dongles.
Android compatible dongles:
- https://amzn.to/2GoLLU4 (very small, costs less, recommended)
- https://amzn.to/2RiHJ4q (very small, costs less)
- https://amzn.to/2DQ5LuW (very small, costs mediocre, recommended)
- https://amzn.to/2Gruf1o (very small, costs mediocre)
- http://amzn.to/2fAPPk5 (very big, costs mediocre)
- http://amzn.to/2fqb1c9 (very big, costs more)
iOS compatible dongles:
WARNING: iOS bluetooth connection handling is in development. Currently it will not work!
There is no guarantee that the dongles are working, because manufacture can change!
There is a PlugAndPlay solution, that can be bought: https://openwb.de/shop/?product=evnotipi-plugnplay The system can also be built yourself. Tutorials will follow.