IMPORTANT: On some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties, and click on the Unblock button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General tab in the properties dialog.
This release contains minor fixes and support for generating links to online source code. See the Sandcastle Help File Builder 2016.9.17.0 Release Notes for details on all of the changes made to the Sandcastle Help File Builder and tools.
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe to run the guided installation of the Sandcastle Help File Builder and Tools core components, the Visual Studio extension package, and extras.
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle Help File Builder and Tools v2016.9.17.0
- SHFB Visual Studio Extension Package
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- An option to install MAML snippets in Visual Studio to provide insertion of common MAML elements in topics while editing
This release includes a corresponding NuGet package.