Analysis of White House Visitor Access Records
The White House releases updates to Visitor Access Records on the last Friday of each month, usually late in the afternoon.
I have developed several R scripts to process the data as the starting point for ad hoc research of White House visitors.
My goal is to have a defined, repeatable process to look at this data, but because of a variety of data problems, there are often new problems to resolve. Additional standardization and cleanup of several of the data fields are needed.
The following scripts continue to evolve to adapt to the released data. The current scripts processed the March 28, 2014 release.
Additional details will be added at a later date.
- Frequent White House visitors in 2013, March 30, 2014.
- Announcement of updated White House visitor data, but no new data released?, March 10, 2014.
- Fewer visitors to White House staff?, Feb. 9, 2014.
- Fewer �Holiday� visits at the White House in December? Not Exactly, Dec. 10, 2013.
- Latest White House visitor records show 13 more Shulman visits in 2009, Aug. 2, 2013.
- Charts show end of White House tourist visits, Aug. 1, 2013.
- Timelines of White House visits by IRS employees consistent with implementation of new healthcare law, June 19, 2013.
- IRS Healthcare Counsel logged 435 White House visits, June 6, 2013.
- IRS �Obamacare� Official at 165 White House meetings; None with Shulman, June 5, 2013.
- Former IRS Commissioner Shulman may have visited White House 160 times, May 23, 2013.
- Finding White House �Good Government� visitors, April 3, 2013.
- Two-thirds of White House visitor records about tourists, March 6, 2013.
- Fewer Records, More Visitors in Release by White House, Feb. 25, 2013.
- 600K duplicate records in White House visitor logs?, Jan. 30, 2013.
- Cleaning and standardizing White House visitor data, Dec. 14, 2012.
- White House Worker and Visitor Entry System Data Fields, Dec. 12, 2012.
- Discrepancies between �raw format� and final release versions of White House visitor records, Dec. 11, 2012.
- Background information on White House visitor data, Dec. 10, 2012.