Thanks for reading!
traider.io is a new open source ecommerce plaform. Although technically it's led by Eastpoint Software, it's intended to be a fully engaged community project, and we're greatly welcoming contributions from the development community.
To get started, you'll need to:
- Fork a copy of the repository to your own github account
- Edit for copy online or clone it to your local copy using git (TODO: add more info)
- Ensure you have nodejs installed locally
- Ensure you have mongodb installed & running locally (default config expects no authentication on mongo)
- Resolve the dependancies on other modules by navigating to the root folder of the project in your terminal window and running "npm install" (no quotes).
- Start the application using the command "node traider.js", also in the app root folder.
- Open http://localhost:5000/api/products/seed to create some dummy product data
- Browse to http://localhost:5000/
To go on and contribute, please read on...
If you find a bug in the source code or an error in the docs, please submit the issue to our issue list at https://github.com/EastpointSoftware/traider.io/issues.
If you would like to request a new feature, please do so using the issues list at https://github.com/EastpointSoftware/traider.io/issues
If you would like to contribute a major new change, please get in touch through our new Google Groups forum so we can best coordinate implementing your ideas and syncronise that with other ongoing work.
We ask that you ensure each commit and pull request relate to a single issue from the issues list. This will help us to manage the code and ensure quality throughout.
- Find an issue in the issues list at https://github.com/EastpointSoftware/traider.io/issues that you would like to work on.
- Make changes to solve the issue, git commit your changes to your github account
- Make a "pull request" with info about the issue resolved for us to integrate your changes into the master
Aspects to consider when writing code for traider.io. (TODO: make this more detailed and explainitory)
- Traider.io is based on a micro-services architecture.
- All submissions should be tested prior to submitting a pull request
To register your interest, please go to http://traider.io#more