Madrona Virtual Machine
Clone this wiki locally
The Madrona virtual machine was built on Ubuntu 12.04 Server (32-bit) with an LXDE desktop. It comes with Madrona and all of it's dependencies installed so you can start building sites right out of the box.
Download and install VirtualBox.
Download the Madrona Appliance (~ 1.1GB)
File > Import Applicance > select the .ova file.
Set up networking. In the VM Manager,
select the Madrona VM click the "Settings" icon click on "Network" Check that your network card is listed in the "Name" field Click "OK"
- Start and follow instructions on screen
- User must set up hosts file
- The network interface is hardcoded in the ova xml file and must be (re)set manually by virtualbox
- You can't create a Folder named "Folder"
Verify Integrity of the download
MD5 Checksum and filesize 8e31e61c9859d9e1e9250227fd9b687e 1095751680 madrona_virtual_v1.ova 4c0e63843548e7e7c5b02c3b4599be5e 1174923264 madrona_virtual_v2.ova 8e56fc0b335e54d515036ea71c4fd22f 1187844096 madrona_virtual_v3.ova
version 3.0, 2012-05-21
- install virtual box guest additions for screen resizing and copy/paste between host and guest.
- update madrona and madrona-app-generator code to latest master
- madrona: geojson support
- madrona-app-generator: modal dialog to wait for initialize
version 2.0, 2012-05-08
- generated apps now owned by madrona user (no chmod/chown necessary)
- Sublime Text editor installed
- git pulled madrona
- some text changes to madrona-app-generator
- admin media alias for app vhost fixed
- disabled screensaver
- mod_wsgi run as single process/single thread