This web application is written in XQuery on top of an eXist-db and powers www.weber-gesamtausgabe.de. Needless to say the code is tailor-made to fit our data (see
example-data and the corresponding TEI ODD schemata) but can hopefully serve as a starting point for likewise ventures.
Since version 1.2 the WeGA-WebApp is designed as an eXist app package and should happily live together with other installed apps.
- eXist-db v2.x with support for XQuery 3.0
- Digilib Image Server v1.8.3: All processing of images (except icons under
/resources/pix) is done via Digilib. Well, if you don't want images, you don't need Digilib. Also, the exact version shouldn't be crucial.
Quick start guide
If you have a running eXist 2.x database you can simply install the WeGA-data-samples.xar as well as the WeGA-WebApp.xar from the Release section via the eXist-Dashboard.
- functx (http://www.functx.com), installable via dashboard
- xqjson (http://xqilla.sourceforge.net/lib/xqjson), installable via dashboard
masterour stable branch, based on eXist 2.x
developour development branch
- other branches are experimental and and will get merged (or just some features) into develop at some point
(Sparse) Documentation for the master branch can be found on the Wiki.
This work is available under dual license: BSD 2-Clause and Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (CC BY 3.0)