EduMIPS64 v. 1.2.4 - Release Notes
This is version 1.2.4 of EduMIPS64, a bug-fix release that follows up on
version 1.2.3, that was released in May 2017. The codename for this
release is "Nicolosi", last name of a dear friend that left us this year, in
the same spirit of the previous version.
This release introduces some more performance improvements for large programs
(thousands of instructions) and the ability to set the font size, useful for
high-resolution displays (e.g., 4k displays).
Please keep in mind that this is still EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. It may
BURN YOUR HARD DISK, DESTROY ALL YOUR DATA and even GO OUT WITH YOUR
If you find a bug, please open an issue on GitHub.
New in this release since version 1.2.3
- Ability to set font size.
- Show both register numbers and MIPS32 aliases (Issue #67)
- Performance improvements (stop using exceptions for RAW stalls, improve use
of Swing threading).
- Proper use of Swing and threading (Issue #11)
- Run CycleBuilder inside the CPU (Issue #147)
- In some cases, the simulator fails to add the WB state to the Cycles
window (Issue #148)
- EduMIPS64 is unusable on 4k displays (Issue #159)
- Improved modularity by removing unnecessary cross-module dependencies.
- Poor UI behavior with dual monitors (Issue #162)