Pushbullet plugin for Pidgin
Lets you (currently) send/receive SMS from your Android phone to/from Pidgin
The plugin is a work in progress and is a bit rough around the edges at the moment, but for now use your Access Token from https://www.pushbullet.com/#settings/account as your password
Build on Linux using
make && sudo make install (you'll need libjson-glib-dev, glib-2.0-dev and libpurple-dev packages)
Dll download available from http://eion.robbmob.com/libpushbullet.dll (if you have't downloaded one of my plugins before, download the json-glib library into your Program Files (x86)\Pidgin folder (or Program Files\Pidgin), NOT into the plugins folder)
Workaround to setup a working PushBullet Access Token
Unfortunately, the Access Token you create on the Pushbullet website from https://www.pushbullet.com/#settings/account does not allow this plugin to authorize itself properly. The steps below will enable you to workaround this current limitation.
First, make sure you have done a few precautionary steps:
- Enable SMS on Pushbullet on your mobile applicaton
- Login to Pushbullet on your desktop and ensure the desktop app and phone are syncing
- If using a gmail account, ensure your gmail account allows for "less secure" apps to access your account
Second, follow these steps to setup your access token:
- Add a Pushbullet account in pidgin with your Pushbullet email address (leave the password option blank)
- Enable the account in Pidgin
- A prompt window will pop-up with "Approve or Deny" access in Pushbullet. Click "Approve".
- A new page will open (In Google Chrome) with the "Success Token" in the URL bar. While on the "Success Token" page do the following:
- Open the Chrome browswer Settings (three buttons to top right) > More tools > Developer tools.
- In the top columns, select "Application"
- On the left hand side, select "Local Storage" > "https://www.Pushbullet.com/"
- In the "Key" column select "Desktop", to the right in the "Value" Pushbullet access token is ' '
- Copy this code without the ' ' marks
- Cancel the "Copy the Success Token URL" Pidgin dialog
- In Pidgin, Accounts > Manage Accounts > Modify the Pushbullet account
- Paste the correct access code, obtained via the steps above, into the password section