Minecraft Mod - Codename : ELN
Electrical Age (ELN) is a Minecraft Mod offering the ability to perform large-scale in-game electrical simulations.
How to get started
ElectricalAge is Minecraft 1.7.10 compatible only. Forge is needed.
- Download the last mod release (other versions are available here). Copy the Jar file to the
.minecraft/mods/directory (or related folder depending on your platform).
- Get started with the tutorial map or start playing on the offical demonstration map. The two official maps can be downloaded from here. They must be copied to the
.minecraft/saves/(or related) directory.
- Launch Minecraft using the
1.7.10-Forgeprofile, select the tutorial map and enjoy!
Building from source
Alternatively, you can compile and launch the current development version.
Download or clone the
1.7.10-MNA branch. Then build and launch the tutorial map using Gradle:
$ git clone https://github.com/Electrical-Age/ElectricalAge.git $ cd ElectricalAge $ gradle unzipTutoMap runClient
We appreciate any help from the community to improve the mod. You can find more information here.
Here is some highlighted features:
A better simulation
Electrical simulation with resistive and capacitive effects. Behaviour similar to those of real life objects.
Multiple electrical machines and components
Furnaces, Solar panels, Wind turbines, Batteries, Capacitors, ...
Break the cube
Cables, sensors, actuators, alarms, etc. can be placed on each face (outer and inner) of a cube, which allows a significant reduction of the consumed space by electrical installations.
Lamps, switches, captors, ...
Small and big electrical consumers
From lamps and electrical furnaces to miners and transporters...
XRay scanner, flashlight, portable mining drill...
Old redstone circuits can be exploited with electrical <-> redstone converters.
Game lifetime/complexity extended
A consequent list of new raw materials and items...
Electrical Age is still in Beta. Use at your own risk and do map backup frequently.
- Dolu1990 (Code guru, concepts, some 3D models)
- lambdaShade (3D models/texturing/graphics maestro, concepts, some sounds and lines of code)
- cm0x4D (Sound engineer, code and 3D models/texturing, concepts)
- metc (Website/Wiki webmaster)
- Svein Ove Aas (Thermistor, Powerpole, some tweaks)
- bloxgate (some tweaks)
- DrummerMC (bug fix)
- ltouroumov (bug fix)
- meelock (typo fix)
- Sukasa (code enhancement)
- DrummingFish (GUI text parsing, cleaning/refactoring, some tweaks)
- bomdia (it_IT)
- Ahtsm (zh_CN)
- dcbrwn (ru_RU)
- XxCoolGamesxX (es_ES - deprecated)
- TheBroBeans (initial promotor)
- don_bruce/BenPlotz (forum expert, video tutorials)
- Baughn (forum expert)
The full list of contributors is available here.
The source code of this mod is licensed under the LGPL V3.0 licence. See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html for more information.
All graphics and 3D models are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.