- Fixed bug where last IB res. in config.txt was not propagated, causing crash in multi-res. games (e.g. those with dynamic scaling such as Wipeout 2048)
- Added support for manual redirection to alternate patch file (aka. !USE directive in patchlist.txt)
- Vastly improved UX (UI, logging, error reporting, etc...)
- Rewritten parser/interpreter from scratch - revamped patchlist.txt syntax (compatible with v4.x patches)
- Added support for per-self headers in config.txt
- Now you can use separate options for each game in "collections" with single Title ID (e.g. GoW 1/2)
- Added internal log buffer - reduced game startup times due to I/O stall
- Added config.txt option to disable logging altogether
- Added support for 20 FPS option in config.txt
- Added support for individual per-game patchlists (e.g. ux0:data/VitaGrafix/patch/PCSF00001.txt)
- Added support for inline comments on the same line as code
- Bug fixes
What's new (since v4.1):
- Fixed bug where [MAIN] options were ignored in some occasions.
- Minor UI QoL improvements
What's new (since v4.0):
- Config/patchlist parsing is now case-insensitive
- [MAIN] accepts same options as GAME section - the latter takes precedence if both are present. You can set your FB/IB/FPS/etc.. in [MAIN], those will be used as default values.
- Added support for Arm A2 MOVW encoding (a2_mov) in patchlist.txt
Hardcoded patches were removed, which means, updates to VitaGrafix plugin in the future will only bring new feature support / bug fixes.
All game related stuff, new game support, fixes, etc... will be available here: VitaGrafixPatchlist (changelog)
Download patchlist.txt (or make your own) and place it in ux0:data/VitaGrafix/
Thanks to everyone for testing and support.
Long live PS Vita
Just a test build.
I've added support for a patch-list file so there are no more hardcoded patches in the plugin. That also means I had to rewrite all the patches into a separate file manually, so there might be some bugs/mistakes I made during the process. I would be happy if you could help me test and report anything unusual.
ioPlus still required, just like before
- Wipeout 2048 [EU/US/JP/ASIA] - 14x IB resolution - game uses dynamic res. scaling, you can specify up to 14 IB resolutions to override the default ones (or just 1 to disable the scaling completely)
- Fate/EXTELLA LINK [JP/ASIA] - IB resolution
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation [EU/US] - IB resolution + FPS cap
Thanks to @FormerNoob:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [EU/US/JP/ASIA] - IB resolution
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II [EU/US/JP/ASIA] - IB resolution
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus [JP/ASIA] - 2x IB resolution - uses dynamic scaling
Thanks to @nigelweng:
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 [EU/US/JP] - IB resolution
Experiencing any bugs or crashes? Feel free to open up an issue here (but please check existing ones first)
You don't need to download ioPlus again if you have already installed it once.
If you are interested in eboot.bin modding using rePatch (more permanent solution), check 'ux0:data/VitaGrafix/log.txt' where you can find what exactly does the plugin patch (eboot offsets + patched hex values). Don't forget to blacklist VitaShell in taihen config.txt, or the log will get overwritten each time you open VitaShell.
Fixed bug where Jak & Daxter Collection [EU/US] would show 'game version unsupported' message in the game shell (Jak 1, 2, 3 game selection menu).
Fixed crash when only one IB resolution was specified for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.
Fixed issue where World of Final Fantasy would not show any special effects at 960x544 (hopefully).
Fixed log messages line feed.
NOTE: You don't need to download ioPlus if you have already downloaded it before
What's new (since v2.4p):
The plugin now uses ioPlus v0.1 ! You will need to install ioPlus.skprx in order to use this version.
All game options (IB/FB/FPS) are now OFF by default. You will need to either configure them manually or using VitaGrafixConfigurator
New game support:
Sly Cooper Collection (1, 2, 3) [EU/US] - FB res. + FPS cap
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time [EU/US] - FPS cap
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus [EU/US/JP] - 2x IB res. (game uses dynamic scaling, you need to specify two res. e.g. IB=960x544,720x408)
Dragon Quest Builders [EU/US/JP/ASIA] - FPS cap (you can force 30 FPS lock)
Ratchet & Clank Collection (1, 2, 3) [EU/US] - FB res.
Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault / QForce [EU/US] - FB res.
Utawarerumono: Chiriyuku Mono he no Komoriuta [JP] - IB res.
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z [EU/US/JP] - IB res.
New region support:
Borderlands 2 [EU-2] (PCSF00576) - FB res.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens [EU/US] - now playable at 960x544 without crashes
Ratchet & Clank 2 + 3 has some UI clipping issues. #16