Ideas for Contributing to Elektra
This page is the first point for anyone interested in contributing to Elektra!
How can I get started?
We prepared good first issues for you.
- We encourage you to improve documentation.
- In the source code, you should look into libs and plugins.
- You can always peek into the TODOs, if you don't know what to do.
- An ideal project is to elektrify some free software.
- Patch the application so that it uses Elektra as its configuration system.
- Write a specification that describes how the configuration of the application looks like.
If you are interested in directly improving Elektra, other projects might be of more interest to you:
- Further configuration file formats could be supported.
- The qt-gui could be improved.
- Your own ideas?
What are the requirements to participate?
Anyone can join!
First you should familiarize with the Elektra Initiative:
- If you did not yet look at the home page please do so!
- Look into the contributing guidelines
- Look into the issue tracker and pick an easy task.
- Say hello in the issue you are interested in participating, or create a new issue.
- Create a PR which solves the task as good as you can.
- We will give you further feedback how you can improve.