We're pleased to announce c-lightning 0.7.1, named by new C-Lightning Core Team member Lisa Neigut.
Highlights for Users
- Gossip (both serving to others and
listchannels) is much faster and uses much less memory.
- Infrastructure to fund a channel from an external wallet (probably needs a plugin to make it user friendly).
listpeersnow show how many confirms until channel is open.
- Ability to set a minimum channel size to accept.
- Invoices now default to 7 days, rather than 1 hour.
- fundchannel can now specify exactly what utxos to use, if you want coin control.
- Various JSON API corner cases and bugs have been removed, more information added.
- Lots of new plugin hooks to play with; we expect some more impressive plugins soon!
Highlights for the network
- We no longer ask every peer for all the gossip which ever happened!
- We respect and enforce
option_upfront_shutdown_script(mainly for Eclair)
- We no longer allow tiny 1000 satoshi channels: default minimum is now 10,000 satoshis.
- Improved compatibility with corner cases for both lnd (esp. older versions) and Eclair.
More details can be found in https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/v0.7.1/CHANGELOG.md.
We've seen a lot more contributions and bug reports coming in: please keep them coming!
Since 0.7.0 we've had 591 commits from 31 different authors, with a record 12 first-time contributors!
- Joe Netti
- Jeff Vandrew Jr
- Billy Garrison
- Lawrence Nahum
- Kristaps Kaupe
- Hampus Sjöberg
- Atis Elsts
Rusty, Christian, ZmnSCPxj and Lisa.