Please sign in to comment.
perf(views): Allow serving assets directly from filesystem
BREAKING CHANGES: Assets must have valid file extensions We now cache assets by `"$viewtype/$view"`, not `md5("$viewtype|$view")` which can result in conflicts between cacheable views that don't have file extensions to disambiguate files from directories. This requirement makes it possibile for us to serve assets directly from disk for performance, instead of serving them through PHP. Just create a symlink from /cache/ to /dataroot/views_simplecache/ and if your web server supports following symlinks, you'll get this benefit. This also makes it much easier to explore the available cached resources by navigating to dataroot/views_simplecache and browsing around. Fixes #8381
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 67 additions and 28 deletions.
- +5 −4 .gitignore
- +12 −0 docs/admin/performance.rst
- +17 −0 docs/guides/upgrading.rst
- +13 −4 docs/guides/views.rst
- +17 −15 engine/classes/Elgg/Application/CacheHandler.php
- +1 −3 engine/classes/Elgg/Cache/SimpleCache.php
- +1 −1 views/default/elgg/require_config.js.php
- +1 −1 views/default/languages.js.php