Developed by Anderson Evans
All artwork by Anderson Evans
Timaeus by Plato
OpenTimaeus is constructed with RenJS which is built with Phaser. This entry is being submitted to the Game Off 2018 which has the theme HYBRID.
hy·brid: the offspring of two plants or animals of different species or varieties.
OpenTimaeus is the edutainment offering Apple and Nintendo could have given us if they'd teamed up in the days before monitors had color. It's part monochrome era visual novel, part Socratic dialogue... you have come upon the full text of Plato's Timaeus, except with the look and feel of a budget cutscene from 1989 appearing just between the first boss fight and Level 2.
VISIT GITHUB REPOSITORY (Will be deployed upon completion)
Currently 3/45ths of Plato's Timaeus in Visual Novel form.
- GUI Assets complete
- Character Head Assets Only
- 4/45ths of Plato's Timaeus in Visual Novel form.
- Character Bodies
- Full cast alternative characters with talk expressions
- 10/45ths of Plato's Timaeus in Visual Novel form.
- Altered some character behavior formatting.
- 45/45ths of Plato's Timaeus in Visual Novel form.
Timaeus by PLATO written 360 B.C.