OData4ObjC is an open-source toolkit to access and manipulate OData in Objective C.
This SDK supports up to iOS 6.
- Dowload latest zip edition
- Unzip folder and move to suitable location (ex: Documents folder, renamed folder to ODataSDK)
- Open XCode project
- Add framework "libMSODataLib.a" (ex: found at ODataSKD/Framework/bin/odatalib/lib/iPhoneDeviceLibs/iPhone_Device_6.1/release )
- Add Search Paths
- Select Project
- Select project under TARGETS
- Go to Build Settings -> Search Paths
- Add include folder to "Header Search Paths" and choose recursive (ex: "$(SRCROOT)/../../../../Documents/ODataSDK/Framework/bin/odatalib/include")
- Add appropriate iPhoneSimulatorLibrary and choose non-recursive (ex "$(SRCROOT)/../../../../Documents/ODataSDK/Framework/bin/odatalib/lib/iPhoneSimulatorLibs/iPhone_Simulator_6.1/release")
- In Build Settings -> Linking
- Set "Mach-O Type" to "Executable"
Build OData Proxy:
- Validate OData endpoint is up and running. Copy the url
- In the command line, navigate to MacOSX10.8.sdk/Release (ex: ODataSDK/Framework/bin/ODatagenBinary/MacOSX10.8.sdk/Release)
- Execute "./odatagen /uri=http://MYURL/example.svc/ /out=."
- Move generated .h and .m files to XCode folder
- Add .h and .m files to XCode (right-click project file and select "Add Files")
The SDK will run on Mac OSX machines only.
Further documentation on how to use the OData toolkit (the original version that only supported up to iOS 4) for Objective-C can be found in the project web site.
Do you need help using the project, or do you want to request a feature or bug fix?
- To get some help: use the Discussions tool on our CodePlex project page.
Fork and go. To contribute back, send me a pull request.
|-- framework | | | | | |----- bin | | | |-- ODatagenBinary | | | | | |-- odatagen [Proxy generation tool] | | | | | |-- odatalib | | | |-- lib | | | | | |-- iPhoneDeviceLibs [OData toolkit static library built for different device SDK versions] | | | | | | | | |-- iPhoneSimulatorLibs [OData toolkit static library built for different simulator SDK versions] | | | | | | | |-- include | | | |-- Azure [contains files for using OData toolkit library against Windows Azure tables] | | | |-- Common [contains commonly used class definition files for dictionary, collection, | | guid, http proxy, reflection helper.Utility classes for Azure ACS and Azure | | Table authentication and xsl file for code generation] | | | |-- Context [Contains class definition files for context tracking, AtomPub generation, | | query and stream processing files] | | | |-- Credential [Contains class definition files for credentials] | | | |-- Exception [Contains class definition files for exceptions] | | | |-- Interfaces [Interface definitions] | | | |-- Parser [AtomPub parser] | | | |-- WebUtil [Utility files for handling normal and batch http request-response] | | |-- Sample [Contains sample iPhone application] | | | |----- DataMarket [NEW: Azure datamarket sample program] | | | |----- Netflix [Netflix sample program] | | | |----- OData.org [Sample client for OData website demo producers] | |-- Readme.txt [This file, one which is being read, contains files and directory information] | |-- License.txt [Contains license information]