By Sam & Allan.
This is a chrome extension which replaces all the google search result forwarded-links with the original links on page.
Install the extension
That's it, it's working. To see the difference use chrome's inspection of html DoM or Firebug on the page with extension turned on and off.
See what it does
- (If installed) Disable extension
- Do a google search for something random "Inception Corgi".
- Rightclick the first search link and choose 'Inspect Element' (in Chrome) You'll see something long and ugly like:
- (Install) Enable extension from extensions page
- Reload page and inspect again
You should see something like:
You can right-click the button to hide (it'll keep working), and it can be brought back from the chrome extensions manager.
This is basically a port from a GreaseMonkey script.The replace_script.js is violently plagurized from acdx
- Download the zip or tar.gz and unzip to a folder (On Github it's the little [ZIP] icon in the top left of window)
- Muck around.
- In Google Chrome click the top-right extensions icon -> Tools -> Extensions
- In the top right of inside window check Developer mode.
- Load unpacked extension, navigate and select unzipped folder