USBtinViewer is a simple GUI for USBtin, the USB to CAN interface (http://www.fischl.de/usbtin).
- The timestamp is generated in the application on the host, the hardware timestamping is currently not used!
- Disable "Follow" on high-loaded busses!
Build and run
The frame design was created with Netbeans built-in designer.
USBtinViewer uses USBtinLib to talk to USBtin devices. USBtinLib uses jSSC for accessing the virtual serial port. Both libraries are included in this source code as JAR file in folder lib/.
Ant is used to build the application from Java source code. To run the program, type
To create a JAR file use
ant jar java -jar dist/USBtinViewer.jar
- Updated USBtinLib to version 1.2.0
- Added: context menu to trace window allowing message copy and resend (thanks to teijo)
- Added: show serial number at connection establishment
- Updated USBtinLib to version 1.1.0
- Added monitor view
- Minor changes for compatibility with java 1.6
1.0 (2014-12-04) First release
Copyright (C) 2014 Thomas Fischl (http://www.fischl.de)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.