Check the website: https://emd4600.github.io/SporeModder-FX/
SporeModder FX is a tool for designing modifications for the videogame Spore. So far it's the most advanced tool, including features such as:
- An advanced text editor, with syntax highlighting, error diagnose, autocomplete,...
- A modern text format to visualize most of the files used by Spore.
- A "Spore User Interface" editor, that allows you to create and edit the Spore UI.
- An image and texture viewer that can visualize common images, but also textures used by Spore.
- A model viewer, still in progress, that can visualize some of the models that are in the Spore format.
The tool is designed to have a simple and user-friendly user interface, so making mods for Spore is easier than ever!
If you have any doubt, want to report a bug or you just want to suggest how to improve the program, you can:
- Send me a message in my github account.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Join the Spore discord server and contact me there.
SporeModder FX was programmed in Java 1.8, using the Eclipse tool. Additionally, the following libraries were used:
- RichTextFX and all its dependencies.
- JSPF (Java Simple Plugin Framework)
- Java DDS ImageIO Plugin
- WinMerge (not a Java library, but it's included in the public release to compare files)
- Even though it was not directly used, the custom ribbon developed in this program was heavily based in FXRibbon
Also wanted to give thanks to:
- rob55rod/Splitwirez, for all his advice that ensured the program didn't end up being a total unusable mess.
- BentLent, Snek, Psi and Darhagonable, for testing the program.