Open source firmware for the SMA-Q2 smartwatch.
The firmware aims to be a drop-in replacement for the original firmware. No additional hardware is required. It can be uploaded using the original OTA bootloader.
To maintain compatibility with the softdevice and bootloader already on the watch, this firmware is based on nRF5 SDK version 11.0.
- Shows time
- Over 10-day battery life with BLE connected
- BLE communication secured with passkey comparison pairing
- Current weather and forecast
- Music player control
- Call notifications
- Message notifications with message history
- Gadgetbridge support
- Vibration works
- Backlight based on accelerometer orientation or tapping
- Heart rate monitor works, but doesn't use the proprietary algorithm lib, so the results are not very useful
Download nRF5 SDK 11.0 and copy the sdk
componentsfolder to the project folder
Makefile.windowsto point to your toolchain
Patch the TWI driver to allow transfers longer than 255 bytes:
cd components/drivers_nrf/ patch -s -p0 < ../../patch/twi.patch
app_dfu_package.zipcan be uploaded using regular Nordic DFU software
The watch can be flashed using regular Nordic DFU software, like nRF Connect for Android.
To enter the built-in OTA bootloader:
Original firmware: hold UP and DOWN buttons while powering on the watch.
This firmware: press UP, DOWN and BACK at the same time
Enabling SWD requires some work:
- Upload a firmware that dumps the flash and configuration register contents
- Disassemble watch
- Connect to SWD and unlock device this erases the entire flash!
- Restore the bootloader/softdevice/firmware and configuration register values
- Disable CRC checking in bootloader
License and Copyright
Copyright (c) 2019 Andrzej Surowiec, released under MIT License
FreeRTOS Copyright (C) Amazon.com, Inc.
nRF GFX lib Copyright (c) Nordic Semiconductor ASA
CMSIS DSP lib Copyright (C) ARM Limited.
utf8proc lib Copyright (c) Steven G. Johnson, Jiahao Chen, Peter Colberg, Tony Kelman, Scott P. Jones, and other contributors.
nanopb Copyright (c) Petteri Aimonen
micro-ecc lib Copyright (c) Kenneth MacKay
See headers for licenses.