Encore Multimedia's WordPress Core
This is a Composer-enabled WordPress distro, first and foremost. We took some ideas from Bedrock but put our own twist on it.
- Better folder structure
- Dependency management with Composer
- Easy WordPress configuration with environment specific files
- Environment variables with Dotenv
- Autoloader for mu-plugins (use regular plugins as mu-plugins)
- Enhanced security (separated web root and secure passwords with wp-password-bcrypt)
- PHP >= 5.6
- Composer - Install
git clone https://github.com/EncoreMultimedia/core-wordpress.git /path/to/project
.env and update the variables.
To install locally with lando
After the above, run:
and go to http://corewp.lndo.site/ to complete the WordPress installation.
If you want to automatically generate the security keys (assuming you have wp-cli installed locally or are using lando) you can use the very handy wp-cli-dotenv-command:
wp package install aaemnnosttv/wp-cli-dotenv-command wp dotenv salts regenerate
- Add theme(s) in
web/app/themes/as you would for a normal WordPress site
- Set the document root on your webserver to your project's
- Access WordPress admin at
http://corewp.lndo.site/wp/wp-admin/(the important part is adding the
/wp/in the middle)