A Community-curated list of Tools, Guides, Plug-Ins and more for the game Endless Sky.
Since this list strives for completeness rather than listing only the best, it's not technically an awesome list and thus doesn't bear the awesome badge.
- Assets for Endless Sky - All image assets and their source files (Mirror).
- CreatePlant-Gimp - A Plug-In for The Gimp which automates the process of creating Planet Sprites.
- Endless Sky Editor - The Map editor for Endless Sky.
- Endless Sky Mission Builder - A RAD tool to help decrease the time it takes to create missions for Endless Sky.
- endlessskydata_vimsyntax - Vim Syntax Highlighting for Endless Sky datafiles.
- ES-Syntax-Highlighter - Notepad++ Syntax Highlighting for Endless Sky datafiles.
- Guide to Creating Sound Effects - For those who want to contribute audio.
- Onion's Ship Builder - Based on Wrzlprnft's ship builder, this tool strives to generate the entire ship definition for you.
- The Endless Sky Wiki - Covers all ways of creating content, be it as plug-in or as contribution to the game.
- Wrzlprnft's Ship Builder - Generates ship hardpoints for you.
- jafdy's Complete Mission Walkthrough - A WIP that aims to cover all missions in the game.
- Official FAQ - MZ, the main dev, answering the most common questions.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Covers the entire galaxy as of 0.9.8.
- The Official Player's Manual - The guide for general game mechanics.
- Endless Sky Tools - Various small C++ programs to help with Endless Sky development.
- ESParser-java - A java port of comnom's datafile parser.
- ESTools by comnom - A collection of python scripts for working with ES datafiles. Includes a functional datafile parser.
- 3D Ship Gallery - Allows to view all the ship models in the browser.
- Cards Against Endless Sky - A collaborative Endless Sky-themed deck for Cards Against Humanity
- EndlessSky-Discord-Bot - James, a Discord Bot focused on Endless Sky.
- ES Nightly Builds - Inofficial Builds for OSX and Windows. Also includes Windows Builds for the Map Editor.
- Online Map - The Endless Sky Map, online (WIP).
- Adde - A general expansion on the vanilla game in many different directions.
- All Content Plug-In - Allows you to buy every ship & outfit right off the bat.
- Animated ships! - Have you ever looked at the ships and thought that they looked a bit boring? This plugin adds animations to many of them, including some from @Darcman99's Spice plugin.
- Better Vanilla Pirates - Do you love vanilla ES but wish that the human pirates, bounty hunters and related combat missions, were more interesting, and stayed challenging with worthwhile mission payouts even in the late game? 30+ new repeating missions and many extensive, progressive pirate improvements.
- Czartrak's Ship Pack - Adds several new, mostly human ships.
- Endless Sky high-DPI - The official plug-in for high-DPI monitors.
- ES-HUDs - A collection of HUD plug-ins.
- es-plugin-maintenance - An attempt to keep abandoned plug-ins uptodate.
- The Adamas Project - Several new ships, many outfits, and a variety of other things to be discovered.
- World Forge - Alternative to the All Content Plug-In which hides the content behind a wormhole.
- Derpy Horse's Spreadsheets - An up-to-date collection of spreadsheets comparing ships & outfits.
- Endless Ships and Endless Outfits at tejat.net - Lightweight online resources for ships and outfits alike.
- Endless Sky at 7vn.io (Development Version) - Comparison of ships & outfits for the latest version and source, respectively.
- Endless Sky Wikia - The Fan-driven wiki for Endless Sky.
- ES-AMC - A C++ program to compare Anti-Missile performance.