TVShows 2 is the next version of TVShows, the easiest way to download your favorite shows automatically. It includes a completely rewritten codebase as well as a major overhaul of the UI and a move to System Preferences.
No actual videos are downloaded by TVShows, only torrents which require other programs to use. It is up to the user to decide the legality of using any files downloaded by this application, in accordance with applicable copyright laws of their country.
The latest build is always available here:
That preference pane should work in Leopard and Snow Leopard. In the near future when I have time I will create a proper website.
- Help localize TVShows 2 into your native language! Click here to be added to the translation team.
- Checkout the repository:
$ git clone http://github.com/victorpimentel/TVShows.git
- Download all the required submodules:
$ cd TVShows
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update
- You can also use GitHub's forking feature to make changes and then send me a pull request.
- By default, the Debug configuration automatically installs TVShows into
~/Library/PreferencePanes/each time it's built.
- Xcode 4 users will need to make sure the 10.5 SDK is in
/Developer/SDKs/. Install Xcode 3 first if you do not have it, or change the target OS version.
Fix performance bugs, improve responsiveness. Add a loading bar to the show list and show info window. Make it more obvious what's happening with SD/HD episodes. Add an option to mark by default the HD or SD versions of the show. Fade out "disabled" subscriptions.
- Download episode names.
- Fade out subscribed shows from the show list.
- Fix the two shows who have no posters, but don't display the placeholder.
- Add a list view to the Subscriptions tab.
- Use NSTask for downloading torrents, posters, and descriptions.
- Consider additional sources for the RSS feeds.
TVShows is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
For a copy of the GNU General Public License see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.