Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Participants: Orla Murphy, Valeria Vitale, Paula Granados, Franco Luciani, Charlotte Tupman, Thomas Kollatz, Franziska Weise, Emilia Mataix, Hugh Cayless, Tim Hill.
Notes from the session in May 2016:
- Ontologies conversation.
- What ontology are they already using?
- Look at the Nomisma vocabulary and see what may work or not.
- The ontology they have so far doesn't cover all the information. Implementation.
- Identification of the gaps.
- What could we use from Nomisma.
- Fill in the gaps from different ontologies
- Lawd ontology makes clear the ways that things are related.
- Try to build up something flexible and generic.
- Epidoc Epigraphic documents in TEI XML
- Person data
- Troup name
- Social status
- Life span
- Military service span
- Geographic data
- Find spot
- Chronological data
- Place of origin
- Find spot
- Where it is now
Valeria's report on the May discussion:
- See document at https://goo.gl/4Wm4Bx
Some suggestions for future action:
- See spreadsheet at https://goo.gl/FT7JQw