Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
[IMPORTANT]: Backup your playlists before upgrading !!
Hi all, we are back! After almost 6-month of works, right now Kaku is way better than it was! Can't wait to share this awesome update with all of you! Here comes our updates:
- We registered our opencollective page here https://opencollective.com/kaku, if you like Kaku, feel free to donate us there! All expenses will be transparent (With your support, we can keep putting more resources on Kaku and write more awesome features! We'll also list your name under our repo!)
- We upgraded our database to latest version, it does improve the speed a lot
- We upgraded tons of used modules to make Kaku more stable
- We solved playing issue for Linux users, right now it should work well now!
- We extracted out the player part and it will be automatically downloaded for the first time (may take 5~30 seconds to download based on your bandwidth, if it doesn't work, go to settings and click "Update Player" to do force update), so right now the whole size has been reduced to ~50 MB (it was ~90MB before)
- Fixed play all button that can't work for some cases
- Fixed issue that playlist can't be renamed
- Added error monitor, if there is any issue coming up in your side, we'll know that from now on!
- Added an option that you can hide chatroom now
- Tons of code refinements and updates to improve stability.
Sorry it takes so long, we promise that we're gonna make it shorter and release often. (maybe 1 month release) Thanks for of you who love Kaku, stay tuned for more awesome features!
Hi guys, Christmas
- added Play Queue !!!
😄 😄 😄
- added Persian langue
- added Windows 32 bit build
- added REAL autoupdate feature ! You can now sit back and do nothing for new release in the future
- changed media keys to global, so now you can play games and use
⏯ ➡️ ⬅️media keys to control Kaku at the same time 💯
- updated translations
- improved Player, right now it works better and smoother
- fixed a bug that users can't use online DJ
- fixed a bug that users can't copy and paste in certain cases
- fixed a bug that users can't sync tracks on Dropbox
- thanks @funilrys for maintaining Arch Linux branch for Kaku
- thanks @neighborhood999 for refactoring some codes to make Kaku better
- other minor improvements
This is really an awesome release and hope you guys love it, see you guys next time
Some social medias that you should know and follow for latest news
After 6 months, it's time to release 1.8.0 :) Here comes some awesome things that you can't miss !
- Added following new languages: Slovenščina
🇸🇮, العربية 🇦🇪, Dansk 🇩🇰, Svenska 🇸🇪, Portuguese (Brazil) 🇧🇷, Nederlands (België) 🇧🇪, Polski 🇵🇱, Bahasa Indonesia 🇮🇩, Italiano 🇮🇹
- Added "Play tracks randomly" feature, yeahhhh
- Added new emoji picker to chatting room, happy chatting !
- Added AppTray so you can easily access Kaku from your toolbar ⚙
- Added a script for linux users to create desktop icon easily
- Rewrite tons of core codes and make application more stable
- Improved UI a little bit to make it look cleaner
- Other small improvements
This release is a big improvement and so many new languages were added by contributors ! You guys rock :)
Hi all, finally we released 1.7.0 !!! Sorry for taking so long, but whatever, we made it ! Here comes the release notes :
- Added Chomecast support, you can know cast video with chromecast
- Added Korean translation
🇰🇷and Čeština translation 🇨🇿
- Added Q&A Links
- Added the feature to keep played tracks in History panel
- Changed the way how shortcut works
- Automatically update core modules when bootup !
- Updated translations for all languages
- Several bugfixes
That's all we got for this milestone, hope you guys love it !!!
Hi all, we just released Kaku 1.6.1 and here comes the release notes :
- Fixed problems that tracks can't be played on YouTube platform.
- Fixed the bumping bug when you try to access the panel with lots of tracks.
- Added a button in Settings Page to let users "Update Player" when tracks can't be played.
- Added special thanks panel !
- Cleaned up some unused codes and files.
That's all ! Hope you guys did enjoy the moment during Christmas holidays
Yeah ~ we just released Kaku 1.6.0 and let's see what's been added :
- Added donation link
- Added comment button to let you leave comment on our FB page easily
- Added two different views for Tracks !
- Changed default volume to 50%
- Fixed the bug that last video will be played twice in "play all" mode
- Fixed duplicated options to youtube-dl
- Fixed Windows MAX LENGTH problem
- File size has been reduce almost 10 MB
- Added TV Mode, right now you can use a wider screen to watch videos !
- Added Online DJ feature !!! I really love this !!!!
Right now we do connect people together with online DJ feature
Hi all ~ Finally we released Kaku 1.5.0 !! In this version, we did improve a lot of Kaku and added lots of awesome features :
- Rewrite the whole application with webpack
- Fixed snapshot problem for Vimeo Tracks
- Added world-wide Top tracking ! (It's true !!)
- Translate App menu items to all different languages
- Added Russian translation
- Added Portuguese translation
- Added tooltip for tracks
- Added Best Audio option in Settings page to reduce your bandwidth !!!
- Added Always on Top option in Settings page.
- Increased search results to 50 items
- Fixed unknown artist problem
- Fixed MAX_LENGTH problem in Windows
By the way, happy Mid-Autumn Festival
Hi all, we just released Kaku 1.1.0 !! Hope you guys love it :)
Release notes :
- add SoundCloud searcher
- add backup / sync feature (Local + Dropbox)
- add Japanese translation
- add Download Manager
- polish UI / fixed lots of small bugs
- please use Cmd / Ctrl+D to download tracks instead.
Hi all, thanks for testing our Kaku beta and now I am happy to announce that 1.0.0 is released ! In 1.0.0, we have our official logo, support Vimeo searcher fixed many bugs for different platforms. Please upgrade Kaku to 1.0.0 and give it a try, thanks.
This is the beta release for all users. If there is anything critical, we will release 1.0.0 soon :)
If there is any bug, please help to report to our issue tracker on GitHub, thanks !!